Salt Lake City Multiple-Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Forty-two percent of 2014 motorcyclist deaths occurred in single-vehicle crashes, while 58 percent occurred in multiple-vehicle crashes. After a multiple-motorcycle crash, everyone looks to blame everyone else, and it’s often hard to prove who’s at fault.
To make matters worse, insurance companies can have caps on payouts, and you might get less for your damages than you deserve, while someone less deserving walks away with more. A Salt Lake City multiple-motorcycle accident lawyer from Craig Swapp & Associates will know how to represent your case in the best light possible.
Types of Multiple-Vehicle Crashes
Since motorcycles balance on two wheels, it just takes one negligent move by one rider, and a chain reaction can ensue.
- Rear-End Crash – The motorcycle at the back of a group of motorcycles or other vehicles could strike the vehicle ahead, which then forces that vehicle into the one ahead of it, and so on. This type of crash is quite common at intersections where one driver is lawfully stopped at a light and another one barrels into the first from behind, knocking him or her into oncoming traffic. Other collisions may happen from there.
- Head-On Collision – These are usually caused by fatigue, drunk or drugged driving, distracted driving, or speeding. Other vehicles can then collide with the initial two, causing massive damage.
- Lane Sharing – Though riding two abreast in one lane is legal in Utah, riding too close can cause one of you to crash into the other fairly easily at the slightest provocation.
- T-Bone – This type of crash often happens at intersections and means one motorcycle has crashed into the side of another.
- Hit-and-Run – If another rider plows into you and then flees the scene, you’re left without their insurance information or any other avenue for compensation. One of our attorneys will know how to proceed in situations like this.
Causes of Multiple-Motorcycle Wrecks
Some of the most common motorcycle accident causes that can lead to multiple-motorcycle collisions are listed below. We can investigate if any of these factors caused your crash and help you determine precisely who was at fault for your accident.
- Improper passing
- Ignoring road rules and signs
- Drunk or drugged driving
- Distracted driving
- Dangerous lane changes
- Failure to yield right-of-way
- Following too closely
- Improper left turn by another vehicle
- Cutting off another driver
- Lane splitting
Consulting with a range of medical specialists for your injuries can be extremely expensive. Make sure to attend all of your scheduled appointments to demonstrate that you took your health seriously after your accident. When you seek damages, you want to have documentation so you can get all of your current and future visits covered by your settlement.
Some of the more common injuries suffered in Utah motorcycle wrecks are listed below:
- Broken bones
- Head injuries and brain trauma
- Spinal cord damage and paralysis
- Road rash and lacerations
- Soft-tissue damage
- Leg and arm injuries
- Loss of limbs and amputation
- Nerve damage, numbness, and paralysis
Figuring It All Out with a Salt Lake City Multiple-Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
In order to present the most convincing scenario to the insurance adjusters, one of our attorneys can gather all the necessary evidence to get the best settlement. If the insurance companies won’t offer enough to compensate you for your multiple-motorcycle accident, we can file a lawsuit on your behalf.
Craig Swapp & Associates is here to help get you through the aftermath of a crash and to look out for your best interests. Call and speak to one of our knowledgeable staff members at 1-855-628-5050 and we’ll take care of the details while you heal. If you aren’t able to call, simply fill out our online form below in order to arrange a meeting.
Awards & Associations:
- Abogado de accidentes de motocicleta
- Accidentes de motocicleta por carreteras peligrosas
- Accidentes de motocicleta pegar y correr
- Lesiones comunes de accidentes de motocicleta
- Preguntas frecuentes de accidentes de motocicleta
9980 S. 300 W. #400, Sandy, UT 84070801-990-1919
136 East South Temple, Suite 1400 SLC, UT 84111800-404-9000
3071 East Franklin Rd., Suite 302, Meridian, ID 83642801-990-1919
16201 E. Indiana Ave, Suite 1900, Spokane Valley, WA 99216509-252-5037
33650 6TH AVE S, STE 220 Federal Way, WA 98003(206) 420-0299